Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Good Afternoon 6th Grade Families,
I returned yesterday afternoon from my trip to Idaho. I friend was getting married in Pocatello. It is so funny how hard it is to let someone else come into "your" classroom and teach your kids. I am always concerned I didn't prepare enough, I forgot something, something might go wrong, but it seems to have gone really well. I did forget a couple of things, like new classroom jobs and a password, but our sub was quick on her feet and the kids were generally patient. I keep talking to our kids about their reputation and having someone else come in and have a good can only lift the perception about them.
A couple of reminders: I try to keep Gradelink up to date. I am a little behind right now, but should be caught up today or tomorrow at the latest. Students who miss work need to find a time to come make it up. Absences and sports can really make a child fall behind. I am willing to help a child but they must actually do the work. As the weather gets colder, students should come to school with a jacket. Students should bring a water bottle to school. We have been having problems with cups and may need to put them on a hold for a while.
In the coming weeks: Science continues to look at the Earth and how it sits in our Solar System. In Bible we move Jacob and all the adventures he has. We will be getting into Joseph and his brothers soon. For History we look deeper in Sumer and why it is called a civilization.
Blessings on your week.
Mr. Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment